MysticVerse.live Code of Conduct
MysticVerse.live strives to keep the number of rules to a minimum, however certain types of online behavior serve only to harm other participants or the event itself. Radical inclusion means that strangers are welcome to participate in our community; it does not mean tolerance of harmful behaviors.
Just as the landscape of any burn impacts its unique rules, the virtual landscape presents its own set of challenges. This document identifies behaviors and actions that will not be tolerated in any virtual spaces provided by MysticVerse.live. In addition to the conduct detailed below, participants of any MysticVerse.live sponsored events are expected to comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
- During the Event: Participants may report any incident in which another participant is engaging in any Prohibited Online Behavior or not upholding the Media and Adult Content Policies as detailed in this document via the Call a Ranger button enabled on the MysticVerse.live platform.
- Note: The Call a Ranger button will not be available in participant-driven streams on platforms not provided by MysticVerse.live.
- Outside the Event: Conduct Violations can also be reported at any time via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prohibited Online Behaviors
The following types of behavior are unacceptable at any MysticVerse.live sponsored online/virtual event.
Consent violations. In a virtual world, consent violations include, but are not limited to, unwanted sexual, violent, graphic, or racist expression, depiction, video, image, audio, chat, conduct, gesture, symbol, chat, and/or discussion (“content”) without the express consent of the involved participants. Includes any depictions, incitement, or conduct involving non-consensual sexual acts, as well as doxxing, blackmail, and re-sharing of MysticVerse.live content without the consent of all parties involved (see Media Policy, below).
Lewd or Unwanted Advances. We understand that there will be situations where two consenting adults may develop a relationship of a romantic or sexual nature. Sexual or romantic language that is used when one of the individuals has clearly expressed they are not interested will be considered to be a lewd or unwanted advance. This is considered to be grounds for account suspension or termination, dependent on the severity of the situation.
Bullying. Any content that intimidates, abuses, menaces, or threatens participants and has the intention to exclude, silence, shame, or degrade a participant (or group) or incites others to do so. Includes all manner of stalking and harassment.
Stalking/Harassment. If someone asks you to leave them alone or stop communicating with them, continued engagement with them or following them from virtual room to room is considered stalking/harassment. Any content consisting of verbal assaults, threats of violence or harm, degrading or shaming speech, humiliation, and repeated unwanted contact are considered harassment.
Hate Speech. Any content, speech, conduct, or expression that consists of attacks or incitement of attacks against an individual or group of people and is defined in terms of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, immigration status, disability, health status, or any identifying characteristic. Hate Speech includes slurs and the incitement of hatred or violence against these groups. Also includes praise and glorification of terrorism, organized crime, hate groups, and/or dangerous indivudals or groups.
Hate Speech that is shared in an educational, historical, satirical, or artistic manner with the spirit of challenging it or raising awareness must clearly declare their intention surrounding that content, speech or expression.
Deliberate Derailment of an Online Event or Conversation. Any content that is unwelcome and intentionally controversial, contrary, repetitively off-topic, deliberately instigates anger or unwanted arguments, and/or any other content or conduct with the purpose of derailment or interruption of any online event, stream, or conversation.
Endangering Self or Others. Includes inciting, glorifying, instructing, or teaching self-harm or harm to others in any way.
Impersonation of an MysticVerse.live operators: MysticVerse.live operators might be identified by the MysticVerse.live logo. Operators will never ask for passwords to your account. Any account found to be impersonating a MysticVerse.live operator will be subject to immediate suspension or termination.
Disclosure of personal information. Community Members are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy on the MysticVerse.live platform. Sharing personal information about your fellow users without their consent — including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them, is not allowed. Discovering this information and using it to contact the person without the consent of the community member will be considered to be inappropriate behavior, and may be grounds for account suspension or termination.
MysticVerse.live Media Policy
Due to the nature of the internet and the platforms involved, privacy can not be guaranteed for participants or for any content within or through MysticVerse.live. However, as MysticVerse.live is a consent-oriented community, participants are required to get consent of all the involved parties before resharing of any content taken during the event.
MysticVerse.live Content Policy
Adult content (“18+”) is defined as any explicit sexual content and / or nudity for erotic purposes.
- MysticVerse.live encourages Radical Self Expression, including adult content.
- MysticVerse.live encourages Radical Inclusion, including minors.
- MysticVerse.live principle Civic Responsibility guides us to obey the law.
In an online world, these three Principles collide in new ways. The MysticVerse.live team has worked hard to come up with a balance that allows freedom of expression while protecting the organization and has come up with a series of policies to manage this conflict which all participants will be required to uphold.
All participants agree to:
- Participants: will be required to create a MysticVerse.live profile and provide their birthday to determine minority/majority status.
- Contributors: will be required to Self-Identify their content as either 18+ or All Age.
18+ No Spectator Rule:
- 18+ Content. Content marked as “not family friendly” must have all participants reasonably ensure no young children are present, i.e. No Lurkers.
- Other Content. If 18+ content emerges in a “family friendly” room or is occurring on any stream in, through, or connected to MysticVerse.live, the 18+ No Spectator Rule is in effect until the 18+ content is over.
- Minors in your Home. Just like at any physical burn event, minors are the responsibility of their guardians at all times. All participants with minors in their household are expected to monitor their minors if they consent to their minors participating in MysticVerse.live to ensure that they are not accessing adult content.
- All Age Rooms. Participants are expected to keep All Age Rooms all age. If 18+ content emerges, participants are asked to move the content to an 18+ room.
- Alternate Platforms. 18+ content may occur in participant linked platforms where minors are not systemically blocked, such as Zoom, Facebook Live, or Twitch. All participants are required to uphold the Terms of Service for those platforms as well as monitor their homes and streams to ensure minors do not access 18+ content.
Violations. Participants in violation can be removed from MysticVerse.live rooms or platform, depending on the severity of the transgression. All removals from the event will result in a Conduct Committee case to review for additional repercussions, up to and including the suspension from participation in one or more future MysticVerse.live-sponsored events. Other actions, such as a formal warning or a removal from volunteering are also possible. Transgressions that violate federal, state, or local laws will be escalated to the appropriate authority.
Nothing herein is intended to or shall waive the right of MysticVerse.live to restrict the access of an individual or entity to any MysticVerse.live event as it may determine, in its sole discretion, is warranted.
By accessing MysticVerse.live Website and by using the Services and Website Elements in any way, you are agreeing to abide and uphold this Code of Conduct and Policies during your participation at any online MysticVerse.live event.